This page has been moved to http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/gun-nut
If your browser doesn’t redirect you to the new location, please visit The Gun Nut at its new location: www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/gun-nut.
Petzal: The F-Team
In the September issue of American Rifleman, on page 40, you’ll find a highly edifying bind-in card set entitled “Barack Obama’s Ten-Point Plan to ‘Change’ the Second Amendment.” Based on how he has voted in the past, both in the Illinois Legislature and in the Senate, and what he has said in public about gun control, it reads like this:
1) Ban use of firearms for home defense.
2) Pass Federal laws eliminating right to carry.
3) Ban the manufacture, sale, and possession of handguns.
4) Close down 90 percent of the gun shops in America.
5) Ban rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.
6) Increase federal taxes on guns and ammunition by 500 percent.
7) Restore voting rights for 5 million criminals including those who have been convicted of using a gun to commit a violent crime.
8) Expand the Clinton semi-auto ban to include millions more firearms.
9) Mandate a government-issued license to purchase a firearm.
10) Appoint judges to the U.S. Supreme Court and Federal judiciary who share his views on the Second Amendment.
If you’d like to check the documentation for all this, go to www.nraila.org/Obama.
As if this weren’t enough, Obama has selected Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate. Biden does not get all the credit he deserves as an anti-gunner, but he ranks right up there with Senators Schumer, Clinton, Boxer, and Feinstein as one of the very worst. Both Obama and Biden are rated “F” by the NRA/ILA.
You may not care for John McCain’s memory lapses, or his wife’s seven homes, or the fact that he can’t work a computer (these are actually pluses as far as I’m concerned), but as far as gun control goes, I think this election is about as clear cut as it gets.